Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm cooking as fast as I can

Forest had his first day of preschool today.  He obviously had a marvelous time, and I was planning to blog tonight, figuring I'd coast on that wave of one-kid-only productivity right into the evening.   Then, as I was getting Walker to sleep, I started thinking about the next task on tap: preparing Forest's lunch for school tomorrow.  With the cupboards as bare of prepared food as they are  that meant starting from scratch.  So, this evening I baked bread, hard-boiled eggs, made egg salad, and then, exhaustion be damned, blogged.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like an excellent lunch. Lucky Forest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he is in school!!!! I owe you email. love, S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Elizabeth who came from Belfast today,
    I've really enjoyed reading your blog and remembering my early days in Maine overwhelmed on 50 acres with babies and huge gardens. What an amazing winter for your introduction to Maine. 25 years ago my first after arriving from Berkeley we had a steady 4 feet of snow! My husband and I had the gun and hunting dilemma, too!
    Hope we'll cross paths soon.

    ReplyDelete